Hello summer sunshine!
I’m back with the recipes again and actually one of my favourite bakes recently! I had too many ripe banana’s today and even though I can eat quite a few in a day I decided I would make some banana bread before they go off. However, I haven’t made banana bread since I went sugar free and tried to look for recipes but couldn’t find anything so I decided to experiment!
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 chia eggs (1 egg= 1 tbsp chia mixed with 3 tbsp water and left to sit for 5 minutes)
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (3 bananas)
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 3/4 cups of wholemeal flour
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees celsius and grease a loaf tin with coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil and maple syrup and whisk until combined
- Add chia eggs and mix, then add the almond milk and mashed bananas. Mix it all but take care the coconut oil doesn’t solidify
- Add baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and whisk together
- Add the flour and mix with a spoon (don’t worry about the lumps)
- Finally mix in the walnuts
- Pour mixture into the greased loaf tin and pop in the oven for 50-60 minutes
- Let the bread cool in the in tin for 10 minutes then 20 minutes on a wire rack
- Enjoy warm 🙂 with tea!
The bread should keep in an air tight container for 2 to 3 days. If you want it for longer then store in the fridge for 5 days.
CAUTION: This banana bread will make your house smell incredible and you will want to make it every week!
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Love A x