So it’s been two months and what a rollercoaster it’s been. Time’s just got so busy that I’ve fallen behind on my blogging, but this week there will be a series of blogs on all the yummy treats I’ve been making recently.
Today’s recipe is a new favourite of mine- Vegan, Blueberry, Refined Sugar Free muffins! This actually just cam about by chance as my mum came over with a load of blueberries for me and I knew baking was on the cards… I really struggled to find a refined sugar free and vegan recipe so tried out the a recipe and fell in love with the product! It’s fairly simple to do but take care when mixing the ingredients as the sugar needs to be mixed with the wet ingredients first!
2 cups wholemeal flour
1 and 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 lemon zest
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 cup almond milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1 and 1/2 cups of blueberries (can use frozen too)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and grease a muffin tray with coconut oil
- Mix flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and lemon zest
- In another bowl mix the sugar, milk, oil and vinegar. Whisk until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined
- Then fold in the blueberries but take care not to burst or squash them
- Fill the muffin tins until they are about 2/3 full
- Bake for about 25 minutes (until a skewer comes out clean)
- Leave to cool down for 5 minutes
- Serve warm and enjoy!
More to come soon! Love A x