I’m back from the most amazing magical 3 day training course in kids and family yoga. I danced, partied, climbed on people and gave massages. Sounds amazing right? Can’t wait to start hosting some events for all of you lovely people but in the mean time here’s a recipe for you all.
So having been vegetarian and then vegan I hadn’t eaten quiche that much before but really wanted to make a vegan gluten free version using tofu and hummus (yes hummus!)
For the crust:
- 2 potatoes or 1 large potato (grated)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 salt and pepper
For the filling:
- 1 block of tofu (drained dry)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp hummus
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp herbs
- 1 broccoli
- 1 pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tomato
- 2 cup mushrooms cut into quaters
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Grate the potatoes and wrap in a clean towel then squeeze to get rid of excess moisture. Layer on a pie dish thinly with melted vegan butter, salt and pepper
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown
- Whilst the crust is baking prepare the veggies. Cut the broccoli, mushrooms, tomato and peppers and roast in a tray with olive oil salt and pepper and place it into the oven
- Prepare the filling by blending the tofu, nutritional yeast, hummus, salt and pepper.
- Once the veggies are done mix into the tofu mixture
- Spread the mixture into the crust and bake in the oven for 35 minutes until golden brown and the top is firm to touch
- Let it cool and serve with vegetables on the side
You can store this for a few days in the fridge and reheat in the microwave or oven.
I’m in love with this dish and how easy it was to pull together and how amazing it tasted! I also liked it served with sauce.
Love A x