Good morning everyone,
Happy Monday morning to all of you beautiful souls! Another week calls for another recipe. Recently my husband and I were craving healthy snacks to get us through the week and after becoming conscious of how much single use plastic we use and of course all snack bars come wrapped up so we’re trying to make our own now!
So last week I made these amazing bars (a little on the crumbly side but the roasted almonds were the best thing so thought I’d share the recipe with all of you guys.
- 1 cup dates blended into a smooth mixure
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 peanut butter
- 1 cup roasted almond
- 1 and 1/2 cup roasted oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 sunflower seeds
- Roast almond and oats in the oven until golden brown
- Place dates in a blender until a smooth mixture is created (ends up being like a ball in the blender)
- Warm maple syrup and peanut butter to form a smooth mixture (don’t let it boil)
- Place oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, raisins into a bowl and pour over the peanut butter and maple syrup mixture
- Then add small pieces of dates to the mixture and stir thoroughly
- Line a tray with baking paper and flatten the mixture into the tray- use a rolling pin or a flat object until firmly packed together
- Place into the fridge for an hour and cut into pieces
- Wrap in baking paper and enjoy the snacks whenever you need a little pick me up
So there is it! Simple, easy, no plastic needed snacks!
Have a great week!
Love A x