Hope you’ve all been keeping well and warm this first week of January!
Now the days are getting colder and darker I’m finding it harder to find inspiration for dinner. I’m very much a summer baby through and through! Smoothie bowls, fresh salads, ice cream… you get the idea! So when it comes to winter I find my self resorting to carbs for comfort and not really experimenting of being as inventive.
That was until yesterday… inspired by my beautiful colleague on the weekend I decided to make some coconut thai curry. Except I got carried away and went slightly off track! I do not regret it one bit! The mix was incredible and I was so happy I got to eat it again for lunch today. Although I’m already planning when I can next make it. The mix of ginger, lemongrass and coconut gives it that winter warmth feeling… i.e. my tummy just received a big hug! It’s super simple to do and perfect to let simmer away in the corner.
- Aubergine- cut into cubes
- Mushrooms sliced
- 1.5 cup of chickpeas (tin or home boiled- which ever you find easier)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of thick coconut milk
- 5cm by 2cm wedge of ginger grated
- 3 tsp of lemongrass paste
- 1/4 cup of finely cut spinach
- salt to taste
- Add the tin of coconut milk and chopped tomatoes to a pan and set to simmer
- Cut the aubergine and mushrooms and add them to the mix
- Finely grate the ginger and add into the mix with the lemongrass and salt
- Let this simmer for about 15 minutes and check to see if the aubergine has started to become soft
- Then add in the chickpeas
- Keep simmering for another 15 minutes at which point the vegetables should be soft and the chickpeas easy to cut
- Add in the finely cut spinach and mix
- Taste to see if any additional salt is needed
- Serve hot (with brown rice, wild rice, couscous or even by itself!)
So there you have it! One pot is all you need! This served about 5 portions but my husband and I ended up eating double portions last night!!
Enjoy! And let me know if you try it.
Love Avni x