Hope you’re all having a beautiful week in the sunshine! I think it’s safe to say that spring and summer is officially here and there’s an abundance of amazing fruit and veg at the markets.
My husband loves mushrooms and tries to sneak it in every meal wherever possible. This dish is one of his favourites and is amazing with whichever type of mushroom you like- chestnut mushrroms, shittake and oyster!
- 2 packs of mushrooms (roughly 300g)
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Agave syrup
- 1 knob of gratted ginger
- 1/2 tsp Lemongrass paste
- 1 cup cashews
- Handful of spinach -roughly cut
- With 1 cup boiled rice (either brown rice or wild rice)
- Set the rice to boil on one side (I add a pinch of salt to mine to keep the rice from sticking)
- Cut mushrooms into quarters depending on size (if bigger mushrooms then smaller chunks)
- Heat in a wok with some olive oil until the mushroom start to brown
- In a separate bowl mix the soy sauce, vinegar, agave, ginger and lemongrass paste
- Once the mushrooms have browned add in the sauce mix
- Allow the mushrooms to simmer for 1 minute then add in the spinach and mix in
- The spinach will start to shrink and wilt as it cooks (also goes darker in colour)
- Lastly add in the cashews and stir together
- Simmer for 1 minute until all ingredients are coated in the sauce
- Serve over rice and enjoy hot!
So there you have it! Simple easy Mushroom and rice dish.
Let me know if you make it and how you get on.
Love Avni x